The safety and welfare of all our pupils is paramount in all the work we do and at the heart of all the decisions we take.
We work in partnership with our pupils, their parents, carers and other agencies to promote our pupils welfare.
- Kate Collis - Acting Head of Academy and Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Jenny Davies - Specialist Teacher, Teacher responsible for LAC and Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Rachel Whitbread - Family Resource Worker & Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Heidi Ketton - CLT Early Help Lead & Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Dawn Walton - Trustee responsible for Safeguarding
- Andrew Crowther - Chair of Academy Improvement Board
- Joanne Mappin - Primary Executive Lead and Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Meet the Safeguarding Team
STOPPING DOMESTIC ABUSE TOGETHER
Our school is part of the SDAT (Stopping Domestic Abuse Together ) initiative led by Derbyshire Police in conjunction with Social Care, Health Services and other agencies.
SDAT is a system to notify us quickly of any incidents of domestic abuse where the police have attended a household where children live.
This enables us to understand changes in a child’s behaviour, attitude or general presentation, and to support children as needed including referrals to other agencies as necessary.
For further information please see the NSPCC website:
Where to find help and support:
Derbyshire Domestic Abuse Support Line - 08000 198 668
The support line is the single point of access to all of the commissioned domestic abuse support services in the County. The line, which is delivered by Action Housing, is staffed by trained domestic abuse workers between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Information Leaflet for Visitors Safeguarding
Online Safety Support
The Underwear Rule (PANTS)
The Underwear Rule (PANTS) is a simple way that parents can help keep children safe from sexual abuse – without using scary words or even mentioning sex.