Welcome to Grindleford class!
Please take a look at our class page to find out about all the exciting things we are doing in Grindleford class.
Mrs Staley & Mrs Hall
Our PE day will be on a Monday. Please can pupils come to school in their PE kit, making sure that it is suitable for the colder months as we will be doing PE outside as much as we can.
Our library trolley day is on Friday, remember to bring in your library books to change on Fridays.
Our learning this term
We are learning all about Transport.
- Learn about how cars have changed over time.
- Recognise similarities and differences between now and then.
- Focus on the history of cars.
In Maths we will be learning:
- Place value
- Addition & subtraction
In English we will be reading and writing about:
- Mrs Armitage and her bike- Retelling the story, matching problems with solutions, making predictions, inventing a bike and writing about it.
- Harvey Slumfenburger’s Christmas Present- Repeating patterns, recognising descriptive vocabulary, conjunction focus (and, so, but) and writing a three part story.
Our daily story- This term we are reading a selection of picture books with repetitive language.
For more information about what we are learning, please click on the curriculum link below.