Welcome to Eyam!
Hello everyone, welcome to the class page for Eyam! 👋🌈 Here, I hope you find all useful information for our class.
- Important days and dates 📅
- Our topics and areas of learning for each term 🎨🧪🏺🗺️📏📝
- Pictures of the exciting activities we have been up to 📷
For anymore information that may be missing, please get in contact with us.
Wednesday is our swimming day 🏊♀️ 🏊 We are having lessons at the Healthy Living Centre in Staveley.
Don't forget your kit:
- Swimming cozzie/trunks 🩱 🩳
- Swimming hat
- Goggles (if you wear them)
Spellings for the term have been handed out and stuck in your yellow spelling practise book, at the back is a menu (as seen below) of fun activities that you can do to help you practise ✏️.
Each week, you will have 5 spellings from the previous week and 5 new spellings so that you have 2 weeks to embed each word.
Your spelling test will be every Tuesday.
Our library trolley day is on Friday, remember to bring in your library books to change on Friday 📚. Each time you read don't forget to fill in your journal and complete the tasks at the back.
Our class novel, this term is Who Let the Gods out by Maz Evans.
What are we learning this term?
We are learning all about Ancient Greece this term 🏺. We will learn all about how the Ancient Greeks have impacted on our modern world.
- Know where Ancient Greece falls on a timeline, in relation to previous areas of History they have studied
- Know the characteristics of Athenians and Spartans
- Know how Gods and Goddesses influenced Ancient Greece
- Know the origins of the Olympics and how the sports then vary from today’s modern-day Olympics
In Maths we will be learning:
- Place Value – numbers to 1,000, 000
- Rounding and Ordering
- Negative numbers
- Addition and subtraction
- Multiplication and Division (Y6)
- Inverse operations
In English we will be reading and writing about:
- Setting description of Ancient Athens
- Greek Myths and Legends – The Trojan Horse – Diary Writing
- Greek Myths and Legends – Theseus and the Minotaur- Narrative
- Battle of Marathon – Persuasive speech/ green screening
- Non – chronological Report
- Ancient Greek Gods - Persuasive writing
For more information about what we are learning, please click on the curriculum link below.