Welcome to Edale Class!
Please take a look at our class pages to find out about all the exciting things we are doing in Edale class.
Miss Kappes & Mrs Riggott.
Our PE day will be on Friday. Please can pupils come to school in their PE kit, making sure that it is suitable for the outdoor months as we will be doing PE outside as much as we can.
Our library trolley day is on Monday, remember to bring in your library books to change on Monday.
Our multiplication test is on a Thursday, please make sure you practice the correct multiplication.
Our spelling test is on a Friday, we have started with five spellings, we will add five every week and take away the first five. There will be a maximum of ten spellings per week.
Our learning this term
We are learning about the Stone age this term. We will learn all about how Stone Age people used to live.
- Know about where the Stone Age on the timeline in relation to other things we have studied
- Know the characteristics of Stone Age people
- Know how the progress in tool making affected the lives of Stone age People
- Know how the origins of Stone Age tool making influenced how we live today
In maths we will be learning:
- Place value - numbers to 10,000
- Rounding and ordering
- Addition and subtraction
- Multiplication and division
In English we will be learning to:
- Ask and answer questions about a text
- Use a thesaurus to improve writing
- Use adverbials of time and place
- Prepare a short drama based on a text
- Take part in a class debate
- Make a story plan
- Write own narrative
- Edit writing
- Make decisions about how to present writing
Our class novel this term is The Wild Way Home by Sophie Kirtley.
For more information about what we are learning, please click on the curriculum link below.