Welcome to Castleton Class!
Please take a look at our class page to find out about all the things we are doing this half term.
|Please bring your reading books (Library trolley and Book Band Book) into school every day.|
|PE today: Please wear your PE kit to school. We take our PE outside whenever possible, so please make sure your kit is appropriate for the weather conditions.|
Library trolley today.
Spelling test today (this will now be through Spelling Shed, in school)
New spelling lists go live every Friday (with spelling test the following Thursday).
Our learning this term:
This half term we are learning about Animals and their habitats (through Science), and looking at our local environment (through Geography)
Animal and their habitats (Science)
- To be able to recognise that living things can be grouped in a variety of ways.
- To be able to explore and use classification keys to help group, identify and name a variety of living things in their local and wider environment.
- To be able to gather, record, classify and present data in a variety of ways to help in answering questions.
Our local area (Geography)
- To use maps of my local area to identify different habitats.
- To use digital maps to compare the climate zone of my local area to others around the world.
- To explain the impact of climate change on my local environment.
- To observe and recount the changes of climate change on my local area.
Pneumatic Mechanisms (Design Technology)
- To understand how pneumatic systems work.
- To design a toy which uses a pneumatic system.
- To create a pneumatic system.
- To test and finalise ideas against design criteria.
In Maths we will be learning:
Y3: Mass & Capacity
- To measure, compare, and add & subtract mass in g and kg.
- To measure, compare, and add & subtract capacity in ml and l.
- To recognise tenths and hundredths as decimals.
- To divide one and two digits by 10 and 100.
In English: Using the book 'Wild' by Emily Hughes we will be:
- Investigating the power of illustration to communicate.
- Describing scenes and characters.
- Writing a retell of the story in our own words.
- Writing a newspaper report about the discovery.
- Keeping a diary as one of the characters.
Class Author this half term is:
We have voted to read 'The Wilderness War'....
For more information about what we are learning, please click on the curriculum link below: