Welcome to Castleton Class!
Please take a look at our class page to find out about all the things we are doing this half term.
|Please bring your reading books (Library trolley and Book Band Book) into school every day.|
|Library trolley today.|
Ukuleles: please bring into school on Wednesday. This allows time to tune them before our session tomorrow.
PE today: Please wear your PE kit to school. We take our PE outside whenever possible, so please make sure your kit is appropriate for the weather conditions.
Spelling test today.
Our learning this term:
This half term we are learning about Prehistory. This includes the Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age.
- Know how Britain changed between the beginning of the stone age and the iron age.
- Know the main differences between the Stone, Bronze and Iron Ages.
- Know what is meant by ‘hunter-gatherers
In Maths we will be learning:
- Place Value – numbers to 1000
- Comparing numbers
- Ordering numbers
- Adding and subtracting 3-digit numbers
- Place value – numbers to 10,000
- Negative numbers
- Rounding numbers to 1000
- Roman Numerals
- Adding and subtracting 4-digit numbers
In English, through the following texts, we will be:
- Following & writing instructions.
- Writing historical fiction.
Our class novel this half term is 'The Wild Way Home'.