Welcome to Bamford Class
Please take a look at our class page to keep up to date with all the important information regarding Bamford Class.
Our PE day will remain on Friday for this term. Please can you ensure children come to school in their PE kit. It is essential that the children come to school in suitable clothing for all weathers, this allows us to do PE outside. With the weather getting warmer, we will try to be outside as much as possible.
Our library trolley day is on Tuesdays this half term. Remember to remind the children to bring their library books to school on this day, in order to change their book.
Our spelling test will take place on Monday whilst we have laptops for our computing session. We will be testing the children on their spellings through spelling shed, this means the children will need to be familiar with how to use the platform.
Our learning this term:
This half term we are learning about Animals and their habitats (through Science), and looking at our local environment (through Geography)
Animal and their habitats (Science)
- To be able to recognise that living things can be grouped in a variety of ways.
- To be able to explore and use classification keys to help group, identify and name a variety of living things in their local and wider environment.
- To be able to gather, record, classify and present data in a variety of ways to help in answering questions.
Our local area (Geography)
- To use maps of my local area to identify different habitats.
- To use digital maps to compare the climate zone of my local area to others around the world.
- To explain the impact of climate change on my local environment.
- To observe and recount the changes of climate change on my local area.
Pneumatic Mechanisms (Design Technology)
- To understand how pneumatic systems work.
- To design a toy which uses a pneumatic system.
- To create a pneumatic system.
- To test and finalise ideas against design criteria.
In Maths we will be learning:
Y3: Mass & Capacity
- To measure, compare, and add & subtract mass in g and kg.
- To measure, compare, and add & subtract capacity in ml and l.
- To recognise tenths and hundredths as decimals.
- To divide one and two digits by 10 and 100.
In English: Using the book 'Wild' by Emily Hughes we will be:
- Investigating the power of illustration to communicate.
- Describing scenes and characters.
- Writing a retell of the story in our own words.
- Writing a newspaper report about the discovery.
- Keeping a diary as one of the characters.
For more information for what we are learning, please follow the link to the Termly Overview.
Our Class Novel:
Our class author for this half term is Julia Green.
We have voted to read 'The Wilderness War'....