Welcome to Bamford Class
Please take a look at our class page to keep up to date with all the important information regarding Bamford Class.
Our PE day will be on Thursday. Please can you ensure children come to school in their PE kit. It is essential that the children come to school in suitable clothing for all weathers, this allows us to do PE outside as the weather turns colder.
Our library trolley day is on Wednesday. Remember to bring in your library books to school on this day, in order to change your book.
Our spelling and multiplication tests will take place on Friday. Weekly spellings are in the front of the children's spelling books. In the back of the spelling books, there are a number of different strategies to help the children with practicing them.
Our Learning This Term
We are learning about life in Britain throughout the Stone Age to the Iron Age. We will be finding out about how they lived and progressed with time, and the impacts they had on modern Britain.
We will find out:
- How Britain change from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- Know how Britain changed between the beginning of the Stone Age and the Iron Age.
- Know the main differences between the Stone, Bronze and Iron Ages.
In English we will be learning about:
- Following & writing instructions.
- Non-chronological reports.
- Historical fictions.
In Maths we are learning
- Place Value – numbers to 1000
- Comparing numbers
- Ordering numbers
- Adding and subtracting 3-digit numbers
- Place value – numbers to 10,000
- Negative numbers
- Rounding numbers to 1000
- Roman Numerals
- Adding and subtracting 4-digit numbers
- Checking strategies
For more information for what we are learning, please follow the link to the Termly Overview.