Welcome to Bakewell Class!
Please take a look at our class page to find out about all the exciting things we are doing in Bakewell class.
Mrs Peck and Mrs Collis
Our PE day will be on a Tuesday. Please can pupils come to school in their PE kit, making sure that it is suitable for the colder months as we will be doing PE outside as much as we can.
Our library trolley day is on Thursday, remember to bring in your library books to change on Thursdays.
Our learning this term
This half term we are learning about Plants with a science focus.
- observe and describe how seeds and bulbs grow into mature plants
- find out and describe how plants need water, light and a suitable temperature to grow and stay healthy
In Maths we will be learning:
Y1: Multiplication and Division including
- count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals; count in multiples of twos, fives and tens
- solve one-step problems involving multiplication and division, by calculating the answer using concrete objects, pictorial representations and arrays with the support of the teacher.
- recognise, find and name a half as one of two equal parts of an object, shape or quantity
- recognise, find and name a quarter as one of four equal parts of an object, shape or quantity.
Year 2: Fractions including
- recognise, find, name and write fractions 1/3, 1/4, 2/4 and 3/4 of a length, shape, set of objects or quantity
- write simple fractions for example, 1/2 of 6 = 3 and recognise the equivalence of 2/4 and 1/2.
Length and height including
- choose and use appropriate standard units to estimate and measure length/height in any direction (m/cm); to the nearest appropriate unit, using rulers.
- compare and order lengths and record the results using >, < and =
In English: Using Supertato, by Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet, we will embark on a range of writing including:
- story writing
- wanted poster
For more information about what we are learning, please click on the curriculum link below.
Class Author this half term is:
We have voted to read 'Wind in the Willows'.... we can't wait!
Train driver visit.
Kandisky colour circles.
We worked together to create a Kandisky artwork.
Science investigation: Which paper will absorb the most water?
For Harvest, the children made clay hedgehogs.